Monday, February 25, 2008

Programme posted!

Hello hello!

Much excitement here in DC as the date of departure rapidly approaches... The programme for the conference has been posted here. As you can see, I will be presenting during the second morning session on Monday -- not ideal timing as the audience is likely to be fading in and out as they tire of speeches and begin to long for lunch (or is that only me?), but I'm not really complaining. Probably the worst time to speak is mid-afternoon on the second day, when virtually no-one is paying attention any more. I'll also be speaking immediately after one of the main conference organizers (!!). I hope I won't be too nervous!

In other news, I'm just tying up loose ends here (grading, holding office hours, etc.) and packing (sunscreen, bathing suits, books to read on the beach) in preparation for the trip. I'll be leaving very, very early Wednesday morning for a flight to JFK, where I'll spend three hours waiting for the plane to take me to Bridgetown! I'll arrive in Barbados in the afternoon, and will be sure to take loads of pictures on my way to the hotel. Can't wait!

No comments: